Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Monday, July 23, 2012

Business Principles From Batman


As I sit and watch movies like Batman, Iron Man and Avengers, I often ask myself how these movies can get any better?

The answer: they are living proof that things can always be improved upon. Batman, Superman, and the Hulk, have all been done before, but because of advancements in technology and imagination, we are seeing a better story than ever.

I think we can apply the same principle to business. The majority of great business ideas have already been discovered. Instead spending our time trying to come up with new ideas, maybe we should be more time looking to improve things. 

I was recently talking to an MBA graduate from the Huntsman School of Business. When I asked him what his goals were for the next five years he said that he wanted to be able to sell his own business by that time. I then followed up by asking him what kind of business he wanted to create. He simply stated, “Just any business that I can make better than it already is.”

Our professors encourage us to be creative and think out of the box because it might be the only thing that can make us stand out. So today I encourage you to think of an existing business and dissect it. How could you make it better?

Then go out and do it.

Klydi Heywood

1 comment:

  1. This is really educational in some way. Plus it is an interesting way of teaching it to us. I did learn from this.

    offshore company

    ReplyDelete