Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Huntsman School Tries to Solve the Mystery of the Malfunctioning Webcam


By Ken Snyder

I can see clearly now the webcam’s not stalled.

Does that sound like a good opening line for a song? Don’t laugh. There’s not a lot of good music written about winter building projects. The bar might be real low. It could be a big hit.

I do feel a bit like singing because the webcam that is mounted on the Agricultural Building filming the rise of Huntsman Hall is finally working again. (It never really was “stalled” but I needed to sound like the original Johnny Nash song, “I Can See Clearly Now.”)

This functioning webcam is no small thing because it is the third camera that we have put up there. The other three have mysteriously died and we don’t know why. We moved the location of the camera recently and that seems to be doing the trick for now.
 
Unfortunately, progress is slow. It’s too cold to do a lot of things. We’re hoping for better construction weather. Maybe Santa will deliver some.

So, is the webcam still working? I don’t know, why don’t you click here and see for yourself? If you see old Santa out there, let me know, I may want to ask him for a new camera – just in case. Until then I’m hoping for a “bright (bright), bright (bright) sunshiny day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment