Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Monday, September 8, 2014

Go Global: Asia 2014


Sarah at the Great Wall of China
 By Sarah Keating

Participating in the Go Global: Asia 2014 trip was one of the smartest decisions I have made during my collegiate career. Originally I wanted to go to Asia to learn more about big economic powers like China and South Korea, as well as developing economic nations like Vietnam. However, once I left Asia I had not only learned international economics but I also had experienced Asian culture and learned so much about myself as a student and as a person. This international experience helped me improve as a businesswoman, as a traveler and as a productive citizen as a whole.

While traveling I learned that having a global perspective is such an important principle when working with different countries. I had the opportunity to attend a private business dinner with three other students, and I was astounded by the courtesy and genuine friendship displayed by our Chinese host. I realized the power of adventure and the benefits of escaping the tourist mentality while traveling. With the help of our wonderful professors, I was encouraged to get out of my comfort zone and have conversations with dozens of people from countless backgrounds, allowing me to get a well-rounded vision of Asia. Most importantly I realized the importance of utilizing every moment and seizing every opportunity. Since returning from Asia, I’ve been more proactive about making every hour of every day a learning and growing experience. I would absolutely recommend this experience to anyone looking for a challenging, enlightening experience in international studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment