Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

They’re Taking Away My View (For a Little While)


View from Ken Snyder's office
After spending most of the long, hot summer in a classroom, six weeks ago I moved into my new office. My new office is on the west side of the Eccles Business Building, with a wonderful view of the construction site, and also a nice view of the quad.

Over the past six weeks, I’ve watched as the construction crew put up the support pillars and support walls for Level 3 of the new building. In just the last two weeks, the construction crew has laid the beams and metal framework for Level 4. And the concrete floor slab will be poured for Level 4 later this week. I know what comes after that:pillars and support walls.

It’s great to see the progress of the new building, but I have to admit, I have some mixed emotions about the progress. I will lose my view of the beautiful trees on the quad. As I whine to myself, I have to keep telling myself – Patience! When we have the new building, the views will be even better. For example, I can’t wait for our first event on the terrace (see my July 28, 2012 blog). I'll be counting down the days.

Ken Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment