Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Monday, October 27, 2014

HMA Stukent Internet Marketing Competition: Round Five and Awards Lecture

By Jason Porter

Congrats to the winners! Round five of the competition had me making gains again. My email marketing campaign went really well, but I didn't learn the ads fast enough to really be competitive. It was interesting to see my statistics of the campaigns I was running climb steadily as I learned more about targeting ads. Overall, my stats weren't bad, and considering I have had little training, they were pretty good.

I think this is an opportunity more people should explore. How often do you get to throw around $25,000 of someone’s (fake) money to see what it does? The awards lecture by Chad Heath, from Netmark.com was really interesting. He gave a rundown of how to “bootstrap” your business idea and get it running with little or no capital. Advice like this from someone of his background is pure gold. He also reached out to help those in attendance. One more great opportunity I got to participate in thanks to the Huntsman Marketing Association. Thanks to our sponsors Netmark.com, Utah Mattress Outlet, and Stukent!

No comments:

Post a Comment