Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Becoming Prepared for a Career

As a student it can be difficult to know what classes to take or what careers to pursue. I’m  happy to say that I have made it through that process and am starting my sales career on Monday with Nalco in Midland, Texas. Although the journey was not easy, it was worth it, and I owe a lot of that to the courses I took at the Huntsman School of Business.

In my interviews with Nalco, I was able to show skills I had learned from my Strategic Sales class with Professor Sterling Bone. I was really able to seal the deal when I told them I was already familiar with Salesforce.com, a CRM that Professor Kristal Ray had us explore in our Marketing and Sales Technology class. It is a program that the company uses every day, and they were very impressed that I already had experience with it.

With the classes and background I had, it was easy and natural to showcase my skills and potential. I would not have had the opportunities I have now, had I not of taken advantage of these classes. I would highly suggest to anyone who has the slightest interest in sales to take these classes and explore the sales track at the Huntsman School.

Dallin Fukui
 




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete