Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Monday, March 18, 2013

Study Abroad Offers More Than Just an Education


Matthew Gary Miles
Matthew Gary Miles
While pursuing an undergraduate degree in Accounting, the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business has provided me with much more than an education. One program that has changed my life forever is the Go Global summer study abroad program. 
I took advantage of this opportunity to travel the world in the summer of 2012 and have thought about it every day since. As our group of about 30 students traveled throughout eastern Asia we visited businesses to learn important lessons and gain valuable experiences related to business, international culture, and global perspective. 
As a result of my visits in Vietnam, China, and South Korea I have had my eyes truly opened to the global economy. I now understand from first-hand experience how our world is becoming increasingly connected and the importance to educate and integrate myself so that I can be an important asset within it. I gained knowledge and insight from an excellent program that most students do not take advantage of and I know that in doing so I set myself apart from the crowd. 
Participating in the Go Global summer study abroad program has helped me to gain far more than just an education from the Jon M. Huntsman School of business. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything and recommend this and any other programs that offer international experience to everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment