Jon M. Huntsman School of Business

learn about the latest and greatest from the School of Business

Thursday, October 23, 2014

HMA Stukent Internet Marketing Competition: Round Two

By Jason Porter

Well, as it often happens, my practice round was no indicator of what the first round would be like.

All my competitors brought out their A game and trounced me good. We are given limited information about what the others are doing with their campaign, but we do get glimpses. It appears that at least two other people have tried my same tactic, so I decided to switch gears entirely.

Will that be a good idea? Who knows, but I will find out in the morning. It was interesting to see what was working and what wasn’t. My long shot ad campaign ended up being my best. That campaign stuck squarely in the middle and was the most costly, driving up my cost per conversion. Many things went right. Other things went not so right. Only time will tell if a change in tactics was the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment